Properties of Xiriton
The compressive strength and hardness of Xiritones are significantly lower than that of concrete, In favour of more “flexibility” and easier processability.
The specific gravity lies between “wood and sand” (approx 0.8-1.6), focussing on function and environment.
Xiritones are widely applicable, including,
– On soft surface (driving power due to low weight)
– in earthquake area (shockproof foundations and walls)
– in dry areas (temperature neutral houses, irrigation infrastructure for agriculture and
forest fire prevention)
– for integrated coastal protection (from quay wall to artificial reefs like
(breakwaters)- als erosiebuffer voor grote betonconstructies (minder betonrenovatie)
– in combination with timber frame construction (more fire safety, better indoor climate)
Wood strengthens Xiriton and Xiriton protects the wood
Machining (dis)assembly options:
– screws (without plugs )
– glueing ( waterproof wood glue, water glass )
– sawing, chopping
– chiselling and drilling
– filing and grating
– grinding and polishing
– stucadores and paints
Bone woodworking tools are always good enough to machine Xiriton!
Mixing and mixing:
Xiritones are simple and fully recyclable!